JOSHUA CHAMBERLAIN SOCIETY
“PRICE OF FREEDOM GALA”
RAFFLE OFFICIAL RULES
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Raffle is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. This Raffle is void in California and California residents are not eligible to enter. You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of the Joshua Chamberlain Society (“JCS”), a registered § 501(c)(3) corporation, and its respective affiliates, suppliers, advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Raffle begins on or about December 10, 2017 and ends on February 3, 2018. Raffle tickets will be sold for $100 per ticket and will be available through an employee of JCS, a member of the Board of Directors of JCS, or via our website at www.chamberlainsociety.org. No more than 200 Raffle tickets will be sold. All tickets must be purchased by 9:00 p.m. CST on February 3, 2018.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) prize awarded (The Prize). The Prize consists solely of one-half (50%) of the total raffle proceeds (up to $10,000). Winner will receive the Prize within 72 hours of prize notification. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No transfer or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except JCS in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
4. RANDOM DRAWING: A total of one (1) Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries, on February 3, 2018 at the JCS Price of Freedom Gala, by a representative/judge selected by JCS, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Raffle. The Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. The Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or mail service no later than February 5, 2018.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No additional substitution for any prize, other than those permitted by the Rules, will be permitted. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release at time of Prize delivery. Failure to sign required documents may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to JCS as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Raffle and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by JCS of the Winners’ and entrants’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Raffle.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are 1:200
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Raffle, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Raffle Rules and the decisions of the representative/judges. JCS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Raffle or the website. The Raffle is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering; all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in St. Louis, Missouri. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO JCS OR THE RAFFLE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, JCS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: JCS and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. JCS reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Raffle in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond JCS’s control. In the event the Raffle is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless JCS, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Raffle, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Raffle-related activity or participation in this Raffle.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after February 5, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Joshua Chamberlain Society – WINNERS – or – OFFICIAL RULES (please specify); PO Box 8475; St. Louis, MO 63017.
11. SPONSOR: JOSHUA CHAMBERLAIN SOCIETY, a registered § 501(c)(3) corporation.
THIS RAFFLE IS VOID IN CA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.